Sandbox Survival Game Nira to Launch on Nintendo Switch This Spring
Survive procedurally generated islands on the Nintendo Switch with sandbox survival adventure game Nira from Graffiti Games and Baseline Games. Announced for Switch during the MIX Game Dev Direct event, Nira will be available this year on the Nintendo Switch and PC.
In Nira players explore procedurally generated islands filled with fast-paced building, crafting, fighting, farming and quests. Build a base, hunt, cook, battle ogres, make friends with a mysterious Totem, ride an alpaca, fly a plane and do whatever is needed to survive. While battling to remain alive, unravel the story of a mysterious Totem by befriending it and taking on the quests it gives. Offer items to gain experience and upgrade the Totem to unlock superior quests that grant even more experience.
Discover the world of Nira in the following new trailer below.
“A goal of mine for Nira was to bring the game to console and thanks to Graffiti Games we’re able to have Nira launch on the Nintendo Switch,” said Barry, founder and developer at Baseline Games “The minimalistic pixel-art and fast-paced gameplay are perfect for the portability of the Switch. I’m excited to see what Nintendo fans think of Nira and I hope it can become an open-world survival game that players won’t be able to put down.”
Major Features Include:
- Gather resources to craft tools, deadly weapons and armor sets
- Level up your skills to unlock new weapons and recipes
- Build a fortress to defend yourself from enemies
- Fight hordes of goblins and ogres
- Plant and grow crops
- Hunt for food and cook meals to heal
- Complete quests given by a mysterious Totem to level up your character
- Discover dungeons throughout the game that teleport you to another world where you have to fight waves of enemies
- Build vehicles
- Tame and ride animals
- Play solo or with up to three friends in local co-op
- Explore an array of beautifully rendered pixel-art worlds
- Endless procedurally generated gameplay