Tommy Emmanuel teams up with Mark Knopfler
Esteemed Grammy-nominated guitarist, composer and performer Tommy Emmanuel is back with another brand new video from his upcoming collaborations album Accomplice One. Emmanuel is joined by none other than Mark Knopfler on the wonderful ‘You Don’t Want to Get You One of Those’.
Tommy about the new song: “When I approached Mark Knopfler about playing on my album, he told me he would love to but it has to be one of his songs and “none of that fast shit”. I immediately concurred, as I love all his compositions. I made my way to his studio in London and we sat down with our acoustic guitars and he sang me the song. It’s brilliantly written, and honestly and humbly performed. We recorded it like a performance, playing and singing in the same room. We purposely left it raw and didn’t try to polish it up. It was a great experience for me to be directed by such an accomplished artist as Mark”.
Produced by Emmanuel–whom is distinguished as one of only five musicians handpicked by his mentor, Chet Atkins, as a Certified Guitar Player (CGP)–ACCOMPLICE ONE opens with “Deep River Blues” featuring Grammy-winning Americana raconteur Jason Isbell who says, “If you like guitar playing, it simply doesn’t get any better than Tommy.” Accomplice One is a testament to Emmanuel’s musical diversity, the range of expression that stretches from authentic country-blues to face-melting rock shredding, by way of tender and devastating pure song playing. The songs are a mix of new takes on indelible classics and brand new originals from Tommy and his collaborators.
Accomplice One, full of standouts, delivers a jaw-dropping rendition of “Purple Haze” with Dobro master Jerry Douglas that captures all the fire and energy of the Hendrix original as the two modern masters push each other to new heights with each raunchy slide and bend. “You Don’t Want to Get You One of Those,” showcases a sly vocal and acoustic duet with Dire Straits’ legend Mark Knopfler. “Djangology” is a gypsy jazz treat cut live in Havana, Cuba with Frank Vignola and Vinny Raniolo and “Rachel’s Lullaby” reunites TOMMY with Hawaiian ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro. The song, written for TOMMY’S youngest daughter, shows him continuing to find inspiration from an evergreen source–his love of his family.
Accomplice One will be the first album released on Players Club.
The Players Club, a new imprint from Mascot label Group. In addition to guitar-heavy labels like Provogue (blues), Mascot (rock/metal) and Music Theories Recordings (prog), this label will be home to great and free spirited guitar music and jams.
1. Deep River Blues (feat. Jason Isbell)
2. Song And Dance Man (feat. Ricky Skaggs)
3. Saturday Night Shuffle (feat. Jorma Kaukonen & Pat Bergeson)
4. Wheelin’ & Dealin’ (feat. J.D. Simo & Charlie Cushman)
5. C-Jam Blues (feat. David Grisman & Bryan Sutton)
6. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay (feat. J.D. Simo)
7. Borderline (feat. Amanda Shires)
8. You Don’t Want To Get You One Of Those (feat. Mark Knopfler)
9. Keepin’ It Reel (feat. Clive Carroll)
10. Looking Forward To The Past (feat. Rodney Crowell)
11. Purple Haze (feat. Jerry Douglas)
12. Rachel’s Lullaby (feat. Jake Shimabukuro)
13. Djangology (feat. Frank Vignola & Vinny Raniolo)
14. Watson Blues (feat. David Grisman & Bryan Sutton)
15. Tittle Tattle (feat. Jack Pearson)
16. The Duke’s Message (feat. Suzy Bogguss)