Acorn.TV Launches This Week in the UK on 29 April 2020
AMC Networks’ Acorn TV arrives in the UK this week, on Wednesday, April 29. With more than one million paid subscribers in the U.S., Acorn TV is the ultimate destination for high-quality, world class dramas, mysteries and comedies from Britain and around the globe, without advertising.
Acorn TV will be available across the whole of the UK for the very first time. Consumers can visit Acorn.TV to subscribe and can watch Acorn TV online with an extended 30-day free trial for a limited time.
The service will also be available on many devices including Roku, Fire TV, Android and Apple mobile, Apple TV and coming soon to Amazon Channels and Apple TV Channels. Following its launch on April 29, Acorn TV will add exclusive new programmes every subsequent Monday, and all programmes will include English subtitles. After the free trial, Acorn TV will be £4.99 per month or £49.99 per year.
The hugely entertaining, Emmy-nominated Acorn TV Original series Queens of Mystery makes its UK premiere to launch the service. Created and written by Julian Unthank (Doc Martin, New Tricks) and narrated by four-time BAFTA-Award nominee Juliet Stevenson (Riviera), this mystery series is a warm-hearted spin on the classic whodunit, following perennially single female detective Mattie (Olivia Vinall, The Woman in White) and her three crime writing aunts – played by Sarah Woodward (The Politician’s Husband), Julie Graham (Penance), and Siobhan Redmond (Unforgotten), who help her solve murders in the picturesque region of Wildemarsh. But no matter how many cases they crack there’s always one mystery that still haunts Mattie, the disappearance of her own mother…a crime she will never stop trying to solve.
- Queens of Mystery (UK PREMIERE): Acorn TV commissioned,contemporary, warm-hearted spin on the classic whodunit
- New Zealand detective drama The Brokenwood Mysteries, Series 1-3
- BBC One Period mystery series George Gently S1-7 starring Martin Shaw
- Long-running ITV drama Wild at Heart Series 1-8
- All nine seasons of Foyle’s War, the universally adored wartime detective drama starring Michael Kitchen
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:And Then There Were None, starring Aidan Turner, Sam Neill and Charles Dance
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:Partners in Crime: starring David Walliams and Jessica Raine
- Contemporary adaptation of Agatha Christie:The Witness for the Prosecution starring Toby Jones and Kim Cattrall
- ITV crime drama Above Suspicion
- BAFTA-award winning BBC drama Accused
- Record-breaking BBC Wales drama Keeping Faith starring Eve Myles (Series 1)
- Scandinavian crime drama Black Widows
- Award-winning Australian drama Deep Water
- The complete Australian crime drama East West 101
- New Zealand detective drama Harry starring Sam Neill and Oscar Kightley
- Irish detective drama Jack Taylor starring Iain Glen
- Charming Australian mystery series Mr. & Mrs. Murder
- Australian comedy Sando
- star-studded ITV drama Girlfriends
- Irish legal drama Striking Out starring Amy Huberman
- The first two series of popular ITV period drama The Bletchley Circle
- BBC miniseries The Great Train Robbery
- All five series of ITV popular cop drama The Commander
- Classic Irish period drama The Irish RM
- BBC miniseries The Last Enemy starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- ITV drama The Level
- Australian thriller Winter/The Killing Field starring Rebecca Gibney
All this plus dozens of classic television programmes featuring stars such as Brenda Blethyn, David Tennant, John Hannah, Stephen Fry, David Morrissey, James Purefoy, Robson Green, Toby Stephens, Jemma Redgrave, Brenda Fricker, Lennie James, Olivia Colman, Matthew Rhys, and Martin Clunes.
New to stream on Acorn TV from Monday, May 4:
- Acorn TV commissioned Queens of Mystery, “Death by Vinyl” Episodes 3 and 4 (UK PREMIERE) guest starring Michelle Collins and Frances Barber
- Acorn TV commissioned British crime drama London Kills, Series 1 starring Hugo Speer and Sharon Small
- The final two series of Lynda La Plante’s star-studded crime drama Above Suspicion, Series 3 and 4
- True life Irish drama The Secret starring James Nesbitt and Genevieve O’Reilly
From broadcast to streaming, DVD to digital, the Acorn TV brand successfully curates and effectively distributes content in all formats across all distribution channels. Acorn’s international distribution arm is London-based Acorn Media International led by Managing Director Stuart Shaw.